How to vote in Shelby Co!
Applications must be postmarked or received no later than 30 days before an election, in order to vote in that election.
To register in Shelby County:
- You must be a US citizen, AND
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election, AND
- You must be a resident of Shelby County, AND
- You must NOT have been convicted of a felony, or if you have, your voting rights must have been restored.
Where do I vote?
Who is running for election?
- Both answers can be found HERE! https://www.shelbyvote.com/what-districts-am-i
What does each candidate believe is important?
- Find that answer HERE! https://www.isidewith.com/
Will you vote in person at your polling place or do you need to vote absentee?
- Time is crucial for voting absentee. Absentee Applications cannot be processed if they are received more than ninety (90) days before an election. Applications must be received no later than seven (7) days before an election. Even though that is the legal deadline, waiting until 7 days prior to the election will make it nearly impossible to receive your ballot and mail it back before the deadline.
You've registered! You've researched! You've made a plan! Now go vote! Voting is the most important right given to US citizens.
Not until 1965 did all adult American citizens finally secure the invaluable right to vote - regardless of race or sex! Don't waste your vote!
Find out more information about the history of voting rights in the US HERE! https://www.britannica.com/story/voting-in-the-usa