Computer Basics Class
The library offers this free, 3-week course to help people gain knowledge and confidence using a computer or laptop. Class is EVERY Wednesday at 2 p.m. Laptops, a mouse, and a patient, knowledgeable instructor are provided. Come learn with us!
Register for a Computer Basics class here or call 901-872-1585 or stop in the library and a staff member will register you.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify the parts of computer and other commonly used technology terms (wifi, browser, web domain, etc.).
- Navigate different locations on laptop screen (Desktop, Documents, the internet).
- Use a mouse to select, drag, and drop items and access menus.
- Create, send, navigate, and receive email.
- Create and save a word document and learn basic formating tools.
- Create a "To Do" List in Microsoft Office Word.
- Type and format a business letter in Microsoft Office Word.
To learn the above skills, the attendees should plan on attending weekly class sessions until they feel they have mastered these skills.