The Library has many free programs, events, and services for adults. Available adult programs vary based on the availability of class teachers and funding.
All library staff are good with computers/technology! They can assist you on our public computers with questions about email, printing, recovering passwords, creating online accounts, finding websites, and more. If you want to learn more or have time consuming computer questions, we offer regular computer and technology assistance on our computers or your personal mobile device (phone, laptops, tablets, etc.).
One of our most popular services continues to be free tax assistance offered by the United Way that runs from February through April.
We are always looking for new class ideas and volunteers who are interested in sharing their knowledge and experiences with our patrons.
CURRENT & PAST PROGRAMS
Arts, Crafts & Music
- Adult Craft Days
- Embroidery, Crochet, and Cross Stitch Class
- Ukulele Classes
- Free Tax Assistance via United Way
- Free Medicare Enrollment Assistance
- Utility Assistance, Rent & Mortgage Assistance, Medicare Prescription Program & Family Support (via Shelby County Community Services Agency)
- Healthy Cooking Class with a University of Tennessee Health Educator
- Healthy Vegan Cooking
- Alzheimer’s Education for Caregivers
- Health Fair for Older Adults
- Walk-In Computer Help- every Wednesday, 1-2
- Email Basics Class
- Google Apps Class
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Research Assistance
To see what programs we are having this month, check out our Events Calendar!