Please read the policy below before filling out our online Meeting Room Application Form.
Meeting Room Policy
The Millington Public Library is pleased to offer free meeting room space for local non-profit, tax exempt, civic or cultural groups and organizations, during business hours.
All programs or meetings must be free and open to the public, and must not disrupt the use of the Library for others.
Permission to use the library meeting rooms does not imply library endorsement of the views, aims, policies or activities of any group or organization.
The meeting room will not be used for:
- Non-library groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services.
- Fundraising activities or events, except those sponsored by the library.
The Library does not discriminate in making its premises available on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, or physical limitation.
The Library reserves the right to reassign an organization to a different date if the room is needed for a library sponsored activity.
Time limit for meetings is two hours, unless other arrangements are made with the library director.
- Please allow library staff at least two open, business days to process your meeting room application form.
- Groups are limited to one reservation per month to ensure that meeting room space is available to as many organizations as possible.
- Groups can reserve meeting rooms up to three months in advance of their meeting.
- Meeting rooms will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Library must be notified in advance of any meeting cancellation, or change in name or phone number of the designated contact person for the group. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the non-acceptance of future bookings.
- The meeting rooms must be left in the order in which they were found. Tables and chairs may be rearranged, provided they are returned to their original arrangement at the end of the meeting. A fee will be charged to users for damages or special cleaning as determined by the library director.
- Any group that plans to invite an outside speaker to their meeting must inform the Library, one week in advance, and provide a copy of any planned promotional materials that includes the name and address of the Millington Public Library.
NOTE: Organizations may be asked to provide 501 © 3 or exempt number.