Library Associate 2
LOCATION:Millington Public Library
HOURS PER WEEK: 30 hours
The Library Associate 2 is the mid-level position in the Library Associate job family. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library; primarily at the circulation desk. Provides customer service to library patrons.
- Developing and executing summer reading activities, including managing performers and patron sign ups
- Maintaining youth and teen programming, as well as running story times and after-school programming
- Monitoring the quality of library services and programming
- Advertising the library, story times, and other programming
- >Assist in maintaining library social media accounts
- Keeping detailed statistics and records of programming
- Answering reader advisory questions
- Providing reference and homework help
- Creating displays and maintaining youth areas to be inviting and comfortable
- Performing all basic library duties as relevant and necessary
- Know and understand the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Two years of library experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Multilingual speaking a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and Saturdays;