LIBRARY PHOTO CHALLENGE
1. Be creative and have fun! You do not need to be on social media to participate!
2. Photos should speak to our weekly theme and posted during the appropriate week:
Week 1 (April 6): Springtime or Easter Style - What signs of spring do you see around your home? Or, since you might be attending church services online, you can show off your best Easter style right here. Don't have a fancy outfit? That's okay! Make yourself a fancy Easter bonnet or hat from whatever you can find around your house!
Week 2 (April 13): Millington and/or School Pride - Which students or families have the most pride! Remember, we are still sheltering at home for this!
Week 3 (April 20): Funny Pets - How are your pets handling you being home all the time?
Week: 4 (April 27): Family Fun - How is your family passing the time at home? Have you learned something new together? Bonus points for pictures of families that read together!
Week 5 (May 4): Honor Your Hero - This can be anyone you want to honor for any reason with special attention to family members working in health care, grocery stores, as truck drivers, firefighters, police officers, and other workers who are still heading to work to serve the public.
3. Photos can be submitted to the Millington Public Library Facebook page, Instagram, or emailed to: email@example.com. Photos MUST include the appropriate hashtag for each week (#millingtonspring, #millingtonpride, #millingtonpets, #millingtonfamilyfun, #millingtonheroes).
4. Photos should be posted or submitted between Monday at noon and Friday by 3 PM for the weekly theme.
5. Best photos will be determined by the most "Likes" or "Loves" on Facebook and Instagram and announced on Saturdays by noon. Best/funniest photo caption comment will also be determined by "Likes."
6. The names of the people that submit the best photos (top 2) and best photo caption comments (1 each week) will be entered in a drawing at the end of the Photo Challenge for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
NOTE: Library staff may participate but are not eligible to win the gift card.
NEW ONLINE LEARNING PAGE UNDER RESOURCES
The library has created a list of free, quality online learning tools and games for kiddos out of school during the coronavirus pandemic. Please keep in mind that online learning tools are never a complete substitution for a great teacher! We love our teachers and homeschooling parents, and these tools are wonderful supplementary learning tools for children especially at a time when school is out. The full list is available by going to the Resources tab and then Online Learning. Here's a quick link so you can check it out: Online Learning Resources
One of the most amazing learning online resources that made our list is the non-profit educational organization, Khan Academy. Why is it so amazing? The videos are high quality, and the viewer can stop, rewind, etc. to review the content. It covers a ton of K through 12 topics from early math to AP Physics and everything in between! Independent reviewers (and users) give Khan Academy positive reviews on content, ease of use, features, and overall learning experience! Again, this is a completely FREE resource but has the same quality offered by other e-learning platforms like Coursera and Pluralsight that charge for access. Here's a 31-minute webinar about getting started with Khan Academy: